- Molecular mechanisms underlying control of cell shape, movement and cell-cell interactions.
- Reorganisation and assembly of cells into functional organs.
- Biomechanics of movement, at cellular and macroscopic levels.
- Functional consequences of tissue shape: middle ear, gastrointestinal tract, cardiopulmonary system and nervous system.
- The interface between cells and extracellular structures.
People specializing in this area
Dr Richard J Adams
Visualising morphogenetic mechanisms
Morphogenesis of the epithelium in Drosophila embryos